Important Notice Relating to COVID-19
Randox manufacture medical products which are used in 145 countries – worldwide.
We manufacture 4-5% of all diagnostic tests used in the world. These products are essential in the diagnosis of many diseases. People’s lives may depend on access to our products.
Our revolutionary Biochip Technology is helping diagnose Covid-19 and differentiating non-lethal infections with similar symptoms.
It is imperative that we continue to manufacture and send our products to patients globally.
So we need to instigate measures that reduce the chances of a shut-down or slow-down of our output.
We are carrying out an important health and ethical role in this Global Pandemic.
In that role we all understand the team-based nature of our work and that to get our job done we need to liaise across multiple disciplines.
We also need to access commercially sensitive information, which means that working from home is not possible.
Measures which we are instigating:
- All international travel for business purposes has been cancelled initially for 1 month
- Any Staff that have travelled to potentially at-risk areas for business purposes prior to the “grounding” have been tested for Covid-19 using our Biochip technology before returning to work
- Randox have surveyed all staff for details regarding countries that they have visited on holiday in the last 4 weeks or plan to visit in the next 2 months to establish the risk of allowing them to continue in or return to work
- Cancellation of all Non-essential external visitors to any site
- Any meetings with outside parties considered business critical require the completion of a health & travel questionnaire in advance of the visit
- Interviews for recruitment purposes are being conducted by Skype
- Notices are displayed on doors advising visitors that if affected areas have been visited you should not enter
- All unexpected visitors will be refused entry irrespective of the purpose of their visit
- Staff involved in the handling of goods over to couriers will wear protective PPE and conduct this outside of the main dispatch area
- Travelling between sites has been severely restricted to staff carrying necessary products or supplies with inter site meetings to be conducted by Skype or conference call
- Staff carrying supplies between sites must wear face mask & gloves with signing for receipt of goods temporarily suspended
- Tea & lunch breaks have been departmentally segregated to keep staff in units and prevent any potential for cross infection
- Regular washing of hands as per NHS guidance