Are you aware of the effect Alcohol & Drugs can have on your heart health? In this blog we aim to educate you on the effect substance misuse can have on your heart.
How Does Alcohol Effect Your Heart Health?
Everyone, both male & female are recommended to drink less than 14 units of alcohol per week with several alcohol free days. Alcohol effects everyone in different ways, the overall effect alcohol has on the human body is determined through someone’s; size/weight, whether they have consumed food, the type of drink, age, gender and most importantly the state of their health.
Alcohol misuse can affect the circulatory system, causing severe problems to your heart health particularly in women as they have a higher risk of heart damage over men. Misuse of Alcohol may lead to heart & circulatory issues such as;
- Cardiomyopathy – Also known as poisoning to the heart & the muscle cells.
- Arrhythmia – This is referred to as an irregular heartbeat.
- Increase in blood pressure.
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
How Do Drugs Effect Your Heart Health?
- Drug abuse can cause Irregular heartbeats, heart attacks and strokes. Increases in heart rates & blood pressure.
- Some drugs also can reduce the rate of blood to the heart that possibly could stop the functioning of the muscles & body.
- Drug abuse can affect the human heart and cause pulmonary oedema which is triggered when too much fluid backs up in the lung leading to failure & shortening of breath.
- Endocarditis – This is known as a life-long condition caused by the misuse of drugs through injections.
- Irregular heartbeats & in some cases blackouts.
- Drug abuse can lead to someone having heart disease & danger to other vital organs in the body.
About Randox Testing Services
Randox Testing Services is a market leader in the Forensic Toxicology and Drug and Alcohol testing industry. As part of the global clinical diagnostic’s organisation Randox Laboratories we provide Drug & Alcohol testing solutions to identify misuse. At Randox Testing Services we value ensure all of our customer’s needs are met through offering a flexible and complete testing solution.
To discover more about our Drug & Alcohol solutions contact us today email@example.com